Library Biz

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Thoughts on Technology

A few years ago I thought I was really up on all things technological. I got a home computer not long after I got one at work, and quickly embraced everything from music downloads to digital photography. I quickly filled up more than one hard drive with pictures and music. I don't know how I managed to get left behind so quickly. That is the reason I was so excited to join in with Learning 2.0. Hopefully it will help to bring me back up-to-date with what's going on today in the digital world. Now the old itch to upgrade my old Dell at home has hit with a vengeance. It amazes me how quickly the storage space goes, and now I worry about losing those precious pictures and tunes. I'm on the edge of figuring out when the right time is to upgrade--I don't want my old clunker to crash like mine at work did. That was unbelievably traumatic. It felt like part of me was just lost for quite awhile. Anyway, I hope I can keep up with the pace of these exercises. I have had problems accessing everything from home, and have little free time at work to devote to really exploring the way we should. I need to do more work with Flickr and we are already on to the next week. ACK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home